Become a DSAH Member Today!
Become a DSAH Member Today!!!
DSAH is a non-profit organization for individuals with Down syndrome, their families and caregivers, and others who are interested in or have been touched in some way by Down syndrome. Your membership helps support the operation of the Down Syndrome Resource Center (DSRC), new parent packages, meetings, social events, a newsletter and more.
Membership benefits include access to:
- Workshops supporting & training parents, such as Potty-Training, Special Education, Legal and Financial Planning, and Behavior Series.
- Programs for members with Ds such as Summer Camp Ability (plus siblings), Adaptive Dance, Club 21, Pantomime, and Education for Life (E4L) program (see Programs).
- Updated news about Texas’ government benefits, including Waivers (contact us immediately if the name of your child or adult is not on Texas Waiver Interest Lists!), and national benefits such as SSI, Medicaid, and dual eligible Medicaid/Medicare.
- DSAH library where you are free to borrow books or audiovisual materials or purchase relevant books at a discount.
- Discounts, free admission, or exclusive sessions to select programs organized by DSAH or developed through a DSAH partnership. For example, DSAH has collaborated with Houston Ballet, Sailing Angels, Family to Family Network, and Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
- The opportunity to nominate your loved one to have their picture taken and appear in an edition of our DSAH calendar or planner.
- Timely information about our programs, local resources, & national news through social media, email, and paper mailings (you choose preferred delivery).
- Invitations to DSAH Family Events such as World Down Syndrome Day, Pool Party, Family Star Retreat, and our biggest event, the Houston Buddy Walk!
- Community Groups closer to your home for social gatherings, networking, playgroups, and trainings.
- Opportunity to serve as a volunteer, including helping with New Baby Luv Baskets, Outreach (Educational, Medical, Diversity), Programs for Spanish speakers, Community Groups, Committees (Programs, Special Events, Development, etc.), or suggest a new idea.
- Our DSAH community where your family and loved one with Ds are accepted, supported, and welcomed!
Yearly memberships are available for $35 per family.
It is quick and easy to become a member or renew your existing membership.
To submit by fax, email, or in person please download, complete, and submit this Membership Form (formulario de membresía en español). You can submit your form by email (email@example.com), fax (713.996.9290), or hand delivery to the Resource Center.
To register online simply fill out this form: