The Down Syndrome Association of Houston is expanding our team to serve the Greater Houston Community. We are actively recruiting for our next Executive Director. Our goal is to find a compassionate and business-minded individual who is comfortable working with children and adults with Down syndrome. This individual must be strategically-minded in order to lead and successfully expand the agency’s outreach.
Responsibilities of the Executive Director include, but are not limited to:
- Embody DSAH’s vision and mission to strategically expand the agency’s initiatives
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors to plan and execute the DSAH vision and mission
- Manage various outreach programs from start to finish, including working and facilitating special events (some of which occur on weekends)
- Work collectively with staff and Board Treasurer to ensure appropriate policies are followed for fiscal management and development of annual budget
- Collaborate with staff and volunteers on fundraising activities as needed
- Maintain, update, and distribute annual events calendar, as well as organize resources for staffing of each event
- Oversee office employees to ensure deadlines are met
- Professionally resolve any concerns from staff, volunteers, and/or members
- Effectively lead a team of office personnel to include employee relations, organization, and cleanliness
- Supervise the maintenance of the website and volunteer program
- Includes other duties as necessary
Qualifications of the Executive Director include, but are not limited to:
- 1-2 years of nonprofit director experience preferred, but willing to train
- Ability to work normal business hours of 9:00am-6:00pm, evenings/weekends as necessary in order to oversee various events and participate in monthly Board meetings
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Bachelor Degree a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- CPR training a plus
- Ability to work in a small office environment with low to moderate noise level
- Proficient in computer skills, including Word, Publisher, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of QuickBooks a plus
- Physical requirements include the ability to sit for extended periods at a work station, ability to use computer equipment (monitor and keyboard) for extended periods, frequently move within the office environment, and occasionally lift or move up to 15-20 lbs.
Salary based on experience.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] .